Wonderful news. I cried, because I am so happy and relieved. I know it’s small fry in comparison to the results that some people are waiting for but it has just made such a huge difference to us, and Louis. No longer will everyone be snapping their fingers, whistling, whispering, clapping etc. just to see if he responds. His Dad was already anticipating that Jamie would always be in trouble for fighting boys who were picking on his brother! I know it probably sounds incredibly melodramatic but I said to daughter that today felt as good as the day the boys were born, better because Louis is with us, not with strangers.
One hugely relieved Nanny.
A link to a press release about a new action group The National Maternity Support Foundation set up by parents who suffered a stillbirth due to totally unacceptable, or lack of care. They have suffered a catatstope, caused by cutbacks, far in excess of anything that we could have. Below are their aims and objectives –
“1. To preserve and protect the health of pregnant women and their babies by assisting in the provision of services or such other support not normally provided by statutory authorities as the trustees may from time to time determine.
2. To assist in the research into stillbirth and neonatal death for the public benefit.
These translate into our four key objectives as follows:-
1. Campaigning to help keep maternity services available, accessible, safe and well resourced
2. Ensure that prospective parents have all the information needed to make informed decisions
3. Being a resource for others to obtain information and support
4. Support and promote, in partnership with other organisations, further research into stillbirth and neonatal death”